Experience life of Qashghaei Nomads
- Being the intimate guest of Qashqai nomad family at southwest Iran base in Zagros Mountains range
- Experience a life manner with all the material and tools made from nature directly and by hand
- Getting familiar with the reputable small herbal drugstore of tribe
- Listening to the original caressing stories of nomads and getting drowned into the ear-catching memories
- Strolling in vast pristine nature of Zagros with the pure air and pleasant weather
- Hiking in untouched regions of Zagros Mountains
- Sleeping in the house made of black goat’s wool (Chador shab), by nomad women that is water and windproof
Qashqai people are a nomadic group from Iran of Turkic origin who, mostly, still lead a traditional life, not very different from the way their ancestors used to. Iran is so culturally and ethnically diverse that even its nomadic population is classified into different groups and tribes, the Qashqai people being, perhaps, the largest one.The Qashqai nomads, also known as Ghashghaei, are a nomadic tribe originally from Turkey, who keep moving across the Zagros Mountains, a mountain range located in western Iran, which kind of draws the border with Iraq.The Ghashghaei tribe’s main language is a Turkish dialect but, except for some of the oldest people, all of them can speak Persian fluently, which is the official language in the country.Like most Iranians, they are Shia Muslims.
Dress CodeCasual clothes
IncludedAir conditioned transport throughout the tourBreakfastPersonal Guide
Not Included5 Star AccommodationAirport TransferGallery TicketLunch
(Plan 1) Start from Shiraz in the morning; Drive to northwest of the city for about 130km. Arrive to Kahkarn village and start trekking. We will join a nomad family to taste a nomadic local lunch. Continue trekking to the canyon. Meet a nomad family around sunset and spend the night with in a nomad tent under a sky full of shining stars.
(Plan 2) Start from Shiraz in the morning and drive to southwest of the city about 130k to Chowgan valley and have lunch; Continue driving more about 70k to the main land of Qashqai nomads; Start trekking up to a mountain to get to some nomads’ families; spend the night with nomads.
Return to Shiraz
(Plan 1) After having a homemade breakfast, we will start trekking back. We experience another lunch with a nomad family; Continue trekking to the road to get back to shiraz. Arrival to Shiraz around sunset
(Plan 2) After a nomadic and local breakfast, we start trekking to road to get back to Shiraz; we will experience another nomadic lunch on our way. Arrival to Shiraz around sunset.